Prawn and Tomato Broth
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 fennel bulb
4 handfulls raw, or cooked king prawns (shelled, de-veined etc)
6 large tomatoes
10 cherry tomatoes
1 cup fish stock
1 cup white wine
1 tsp cinnamon
1 handful chopped, fresh flat leaf parsley
1) heat the oil slowly in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add the garlic and fry slowly for about 3 minutes
2) If using raw prawns, add now and fry until nice and pink
2) Add the sliced fennel and fry for 5 minutes
3) Add the tomatoes, stock, wine, cinnamon and prawns if using cooked prawns. Bring to the boil then put a lid on the pan and leave for about 10 minutes.
4) Take the lid off and reduce the stew by a third.
5) Add the parsley and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper
6) Serve with rice, cous cous, pasta or crusty bread.